Starting a new business is an exciting time. You have formulated a clear vision of what you want to achieve and have the energy and drive to match. Yet, the reality is that many new businesses fail early on. There are many aspects to running a business that you may not have considered. Although your clear vision will direct you towards where you want to be, you have the more immediate issue of how you are going to get there.
That’s where A H Jackson &Co can help. We’ve being advising clients for over 60 years and can guide you through the critical decisions that can determine your success or failure. In fact, Andrew Brice, the principal of this practice for many years, applied these very principles when he co-founded Wotif.com , a stellar performing internet company which has now listed on the Australian Stock exchange. Andrew has credited the success of Wotif.com equally between the rigorous application of basic business principles and employing of clever technology. Perhaps your business is the next Wotif.com?
Our qualified partners and staff can set you on the right course and guide you to your destination and beyond……
In our time, we’ve helped many new business owners deal with issues such as:
- Entity selection: Should you incorporate or not? Do you need a Trust. Based on your personal circumstances and business goals we can advise the right structure for you, whether that be to protect your assets, distribute your income tax effectively, minimise your business risk or other factors.
- Bookkeeping: Inaccurate bookkeeping can destroy your business. Failure to record transactions correctly can materially misstate your financial position and cash flow resulting in disaster. Compliance with GST, PAYG, and various statutory agencies can be confusing, and time consuming. We can guide you through these issues to ensure that you are always up to date and making the right decisions.
- Tax planning: Like many business owners, you may be focused on gaining customers, securing deals and growing your business. Smart tax planning can save you thousands of dollars and improve your bottom line.
- Cash flow Management: There is an old saying in business “cash is king”. Without adequate cash flow your business will come to a stand still. We can help you plan your cash flow but to do this we first take the time to understand it. This involves applying basic business principles such examining your receivables and payables and forecasting your receipts and payments. Our goal is to make you aware of the financial implications of your decisions which in turn will lead you to make better decisions.
- Planning and Budgeting: There is an other old saying in business “people don’t plan to fail , they fail to plan”. Staying on top of your business is a challenge. Successfully growing your business is a greater challenge. In business a vision without execution is a hallucination. AH Jackson and Co can help you articulate your strategy, apply financial modeling techniques to test it, execute it and help you follow up. We will ask you the hard questions, challenge your thinking and test your conviction. You’ve come this far, we believe you can go further.